The training sessions
The “Singing Opera from knowledge to practice” annual training is based on the result of an audition. The work is divided annually into six weeks of training sessions between September 2019 and July 2020.
Each of the eight selected singers must agree to take part in the entire course. They will be joined by two students of the previous years of Le Pôle Lyrique d'Excellence. The former students are more advanced as they are working as professionals more regularly.
August 31 / September 1-5, 2020: Mozart / Haendel
Così fan tutte roles (Mozart)
October 19-23, 2020 : 20th Century Music
guest: Emmanuel Olivier, conductor, pianist & vocal coach
December 19-23, 2020: French Music
guest: Nora Gubisch, mezzosoprano, french singer.
February 6-10, 2021: German Music
Fidelio roles (Beethoven)
guest: Adrian Eröd, austrian baritone.
April 21-25, 2021: Bel Canto Music
guest: Renaud Boutin, stage director
- July 16-12, 2021: Summary session
Audition dates: Wednesday 26th of April 2020 and Saturday 2nd of May 2020
Location: École de musique de Dardilly
(Address and map to be found on the “contact” page of this website).
Eight singers will be selected from the auditions to participate in the 2020-2021 year.
Requirements : Level required: Music Conservatoire entry exam (Bachelor/Undergraduate) minumum.
Repertoire for the audition:
- Three contrasting pieces including a Mozart and a German repertoire piece.
- A recitation of text of poetry or a monologue (memorisation of the text is not compulsory, but it is advised).
Material to be attached to the online application:
- Filled application sheet (to be download below)
- A short text explaining your motivation towards wanting to join the Pôle Lyrique d'Excellence
- 35€ application fees
Opening application period: 5th of February 2020
Closing application period: 10th of April 2020
Fees and Funding for 2020-2021: 2760 €
AFDAS Funding available - to be discussed with the admission board.
Monthly payment accepted - to be discussed with the admission board.
Age limit: Women born after the 1st of January 1991* / Men born after the 1st of January 1989*.
* : exceptions can be made according to the profile of the candidates.
Participation in each of the six-training sessions is compulsory.
The application process is devided in to steps :
Click on « ajouter au panier » (add to basket) and follow
the instructions. A confirmation email will be sent shortly.
We will then be informed of your will to take part in the audition and we will be able to let you know if your basket has been accepted or so.
- Download the PDF application sheet below (in french) and return it filled in additional to the 35 € application fees by cheque or bank transfer to the following address :
à l’attention d’Eva Gaillard
Pôle lyrique d’excellence
61, boulevard des Canuts - 69004 Lyon.